Inspire Change by updating your LGBTQ Trainer
Have your workplace or organization take it to the next level by having a certified person on the team who can Train.
The “Train the Trainer” Certification workshop: Our aim is to provide organizations with the opportunity to enhance their LGBTQ service delivery and employee well-being by offering the “Train the Trainer” course on LGBTQ issues in Durham Region. We hope to provide the tools and resources that will enable organizations and departments to offer internal LGBTQ training to staff, clients, volunteers and the public they serve to ensure a more inclusive and accepting environment.
What you (the organization) will receive from PFLAG:
- “Train the Trainer” facilitation from PFLAG Education Team Members
- Presentation on Facilitating LGBTQ Info – ‘How to Inspire Change’
- Documented Certification
- Our ‘LGBTQ 101’ presentation, modeled by the PFLAG Education Team
- Facilitation materials, including a powerpoint slide deck, resources,
evaluation forms, etc.
- Opportunity for participants to practice facilitating; Q & A period
New 2018 Sessions are now available
Oshawa – Evening Session
Thursday November 8, 6-9.00 PM Registration is required
UOIT Bordessa Hall
Room 524 – 55 Bond St East Oshawa
Whitby – Morning Session
Friday November 16, 9.00 AM – Noon Registration is required
Distress Centre Durham Admin and Resource Centre
306 Brock St N, Whitby, ON L1N 4H7 (Use Left Side Entrance)
Please use the online form below to sign up