PFLAG’s Champions Against Homophobia/Transphobia Nominations 2017
PFLAG Canada Durham Region is excited to once again support a program recognizing those who stand up for the LGBTQ Community.
Nominations are now open online, until Feb 28th 2017 @ 5 PM EST.
Click here to nominate a person or organization you feel has done a great job or fill out the form below.
Who is a PFLAG Champion?
Individuals, Organizations and Companies in the Public, Private or non-profit sector in the Durham Region making a difference by:
- Implementing non discriminating policies that recognize equal rights for LGBTQ people
- Encouraging employees, volunteers, students and or clients to use inclusive language that does not assume sexual orientation or gender identity
- Advocating ZERO tolerance for homophobic and trans-phobic slurs, remarks and actions and showing disapproval
- Responding to the harassment and discrimination of LGBTQ people
- Speaking out in support of equal rights for LGBTQ people
- Educating oneself and/or others on issues of sexual and gender diversity issues
- Providing appropriate information or resources on sexual and gender diversity to employees, volunteers, students and/or clients
- Supporting activities or other organizations that challenge prejudice and raise awareness
- Representing LGBTQ people in their community, organizations, literature and print materials
- Creating safe spaces or connections through which people can discuss personal issues pertaining to sexual orientation or gender identity/expression