PFLAG’s Champions Against Homophobia/Transphobia
PFLAG Canada Durham Region is proud to support a program recognizing those who stand up for the LGBTQ Community.
Nominations for 2018 will be open soon.
Who is a PFLAG Champion?
Individuals, Organizations and Companies in the Public, Private or non-profit sector in the Durham Region making a difference by:
- Implementing non discriminating policies that recognize equal rights for LGBTQ people
- Encouraging employees, volunteers, students and or clients to use inclusive language that does not assume sexual orientation or gender identity
- Advocating ZERO tolerance for homophobic and trans-phobic slurs, remarks and actions and showing disapproval
- Responding to the harassment and discrimination of LGBTQ people
- Speaking out in support of equal rights for LGBTQ people
- Educating oneself and/or others on issues of sexual and gender diversity issues
- Providing appropriate information or resources on sexual and gender diversity to employees, volunteers, students and/or clients
- Supporting activities or other organizations that challenge prejudice and raise awareness
- Representing LGBTQ people in their community, organizations, literature and print materials
- Creating safe spaces or connections through which people can discuss personal issues pertaining to sexual orientation or gender identity/expression