Call for Nominations or Applications:
Board of Directors 2019-2021
PFLAG is seeking people with a passion to inspire change
PFLAG Canada Durham Region helps all persons within our reach who are struggling with issues of sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression. We also support, educate, and provide resources to those with questions or concerns regarding these issues.
PCDR boasts a robust schedule of numerous programs, a dynamic education team, and engaging events. PCDR is proud to offer an inviting, inclusive and welcoming environment, much like a family. We strive to make a difference in our community…your community!
As a Governance Board, our Directors set policy, exercise oversight, provide strategic direction and assist in fundraising for the successful operation and completion of important work by the organization.
The Directors are elected by the membership for a term of two years with the option to be re-elected by the vote of the members.
We are currently recruiting Board Members who:
- share our vision and passion for increasing awareness about the LGBTQ community
- are committed to providing meaningful community-based experiences
- have the ability and willingness to participate in and attend all meetings
- are diligent and committed to participating and completing duties
- can offer a diverse perspective: education, careers, connections, and life experiences
- possess vision, leadership, and discretion
- are flexible with their learning and time; ability to “step-in” and learn when needed
- have a desire for personal growth
Board meetings take place 10-11 times a year, plus additional time serving as a lead for a designated portfolio. You can anticipate contributing approximately 15-20 hours per month, as well as strategic planning sessions and regular communications.
To Apply, You must be registered as a PCDR volunteer (pflagdurhamregion.com) You may self-nominate or nominate someone you feel will add value and be a great fit. Please forward your CV and a brief cover letter: Nominations close April 25th 2019. AGM will be in May 2019